Epigenetics

Epigenetics is the science that shows that we do not need to be victims of our genetic inheritance. The Human Genome project, was expected to confirm the existence of over 100,000 individual genes. However, it was discovered that only 23,000 genes make up the human genome, barely more than the common fruit fly and far less than those found in a grain of rice. This raised the question of what else could be controlling gene expression? The answer is Epigenetics, which is the interaction between environmental signals and the process of adaptation that living systems use to thrive. Back in 1700’s Jean-Baptiste Lamarck proposed that life forms could acquire ‘information’ from their environment and incorporate it into their epigenome. Quantum Physics was incorporated into the field of molecular biology by Erwin Schrödinger to set the basis for what we now know as epigenetics.

Today, we know that gene expression that is not mediated by coding DNA, representing only 2% of the genomic expression. It is rather influenced by informational signals received from the environment by non-coding DNA, which represent the remaining 98% of what is referred to as junk DNA. Harmful signals emanating from the environment cause disharmony, so the human body responds accordingly changing the phenotype without altering the genotype. This change is reflected in our physiology. These signals include information from the air we breathe, the food we eat, the impact of the electromagnetic environment and even the 50,000+ thoughts we have per day.

Q&A About Epigenetics

What Is Epigenetics?

  • Epigenetics is shaping the way we approach wellness; proving that the environment is the key to how our genes express and the way this impacts our daily wellness & illness prevention regimes. Modern day living has many common influences that can have an impact on and affect your underlying wellness. These include foods eaten and nutrients absorbed, along with many common environmental influences at home and work. Collectively, these are known as Epigenetics.

What Will I Learn About My Health Through Epigenetics?

  • You’ll receive reports that contain highly relevant environmental factors based on your hair follicles. The personalized reports are generated in less than 15 minutes and provide instant access to diet, nutrition and lifestyle choices information. It’s time to unlock your Epigenetic potential and achieve optimum wellness and performance.

What Do Scientists Believe About Your Environment?

  • Scientists now understand that your physical status is largely influenced by the environment; up to 98% in some cases. These eye-opening developments can take you down a different path where your genes no longer control your abilities and instead you become empowered and in control of your own wellness destiny. Understand how to unlock that performance potential now! Your personal epigenetic indicators can be mapped for you in less than 15 minutes with only four strands of hair, using the Cell Wellbeing Digital S-Drive system.

Do You Have Classes Explaining More About Epigenetic Testing?

  • Yes, the GetWellness Center will have monthly classes about Epigenetics starting on January 24, 2018. Our first class is being held at our GetWellness Center Training Room on January 24, 2018 at 12:30-1:30pm or 6:00-8:00pm. To sign up the class through Meetup, click here!

It’s time to unlock your Epigenetic potential and achieve optimum wellness and performance!

 

Ready To Get Started? Contact us for more information.